21 December 2018, Friday 10:30 AM PDT | 01:30 PM EDT | Duration: 60 Min - Online
What You Will LearnLearn the different definitions behind the concept of emerging risks, the different types of operational risks impacting firms today and finally the principles of monitoring and mitigating some of these emerging risks, highlighting useful principles of risk identification and risk management.
Why You Should Attend
The session will focus on process disciplines that can be adapted to ensure the organization is aware of, reacting timely to and monitoring the management of operational risks throughout the risk life cycle. As a final point, this session will also highlight responsibilities for the Board of Directors and Senior Managers in this ever important area.
- Understand the different definitions of emerging operational risk
- Learn how you can identify emerging risks
- discover why Boards of Directors need to be aware of emerging risk and how businesses address them
- Understand best practices for identifying and apprehending emerging risks
- Learn about the connectivity about emerging risks and the way to represent them
- Understand how to prioritize mitigation based on emerging risks interactions
- Emerging risks scope and definition
- Controls over emerging risk integration and reaction
- Engaging and leveraging controls to better manage emerging risks
- Techniques for identifying emerging risks
- The strategic approach to managing emerging risks
- Other ideas for emerging risks
- Monitoring and mitigating emerging risks
Who Will Benefit:
- Audit Managers
- Audit Leaders
- Risk Managers
- Model Risk staff
- Compliance officers
- Business executives
- External auditors
Daniel Clark has over 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
Beginning his career in 1982 and spending over 25 years within Citibank, he was exposed to national and international banking, primarily focusing on consumer, small business and retirement services.
During his last 12 years at Citibank, he was an active leader in the audit and risk review department. His audit and risk career at Citibank culminated when he resided in Miami and Mexico City and was responsible for auditing all consumer banking activities in Latin America, including the largest bank in Mexico, Banamex.
After leaving Citibank, Mr. Clark has held senior audit positions in First Union (Director of Consumer Bank Auditing), USAA (Chief Auditor), Sterling Financial Services (Chief Auditor), and GE Capital (Director of Professional Practices, Director of Americas Audit and Interim Chief Auditor).
Mr. Clark is active in the IIA and the RMA and is a published contributor to industry practice. Presently, he holds two certifications, is a strong advocate of progressive risk based audit processes and is creator of thecrabbyauditor.com.
Micael Marucci - chief Credit Operations Officer at Santander Bank
Let me sum it up…he has forgotten more about auditing than most people will ever know ! Excellent manager and very articulate in communications. Well regarded in the company. A pleasure to work with.